Sunday, June 18, 2006

Day 2 - The vigil continues

When last posted, Maggie had only been away for a day and I had decided to revert back to a basic, guy-like lifestyle. Strangely, it felt a lot like college.

Day 2 has arrived, and here is an update:

  • The house is still standing. I cannot see the sink, as beer bottles and dishes have started to pile up. I really should think about emptying the dishwasher, but I probably could delude myself into thinking that all the dishes are really dirty ... and then adding a plate or two to the load, then run the load. I really don't want to empty the dishwasher AND clean the dishes. So I'll try to kill two birds with one stone (and a lot of water and energy).
  • The house is quiet. No one to talk to or be yelled at by ... I tried to talk to Thomas about things (squirrels, the weather, Haditha) and he looked interested for a bit, then started to lick his butt.
  • The Weather Channel occupies my time, and I am now fully convinced after watching countless "Storm Stories" and Hurricane Updates that if I see Jim Cantore in Indianapolis, we are going to get hit by a spate of tornadoes or hurricane. Or both. And Super Doppler 9000 cannot save us. He is the Sword of Damocles of weather personalities.

No comments: