Friday, April 17, 2009

Early morning walkabout - Monday April 6


Blue Mosque
Originally uploaded by dhoopercu
Whilst Maggie and Rex slept from the flight, I decided to get some leg time in Sultanahmet before the tourists and vendors arose. I even woke the front desk clerk on my way out the door. I literally had the city to myself (at 7am - people, where the hell are you? Doesn't anyone work here?). No one pushing Chinese-made crap onto me, no carpet vendors, no clueless Americans asking for directions. I made my way around the Blue Mosque (pictured), over to Hagia Sofia, and back into the comforts of the hotel before 8am and the morning sun.

1 comment:

AlMaPh said...

Hi Dave,
During our chat you told me that Ezan at 5.45am (Istanbul Time +2) was an alarm for you and forced you to woke up and walk around Blue Mosque.
BTW, last Friday I was there and when I got into, I missed you guys.It was really cool to be in Blue Mosque with you.