Monday, November 12, 2007

If only the walls could talk ...

I often go into a house/building trying to find some evidence of water intrusion and mold growth. I find mold growth pretty frequently, often because it is hairy and about as obvious as a pink elephant in a room of midgets (no offense to pink elephants or midgets). However, every so often, there is nothing to see or no obvious signs of damage. The homeowner/occupant insists they can smell mold in the air, and their allergies are completely off the chart from the hidden mold growth. Those cases bug me - I'm pretty decent at looking at things, but when nothing is there - it gets a bit frustrating.

I can't post most of the pictures taken as this is still an active case. Maybe, when the dust settles down I'll post more. But here is a picture from within the house that tells the story:



I love it when someone writes all over the walls letting you know where the mold is, and where water pours into the house when it rains. The homeowners wrote all over the walls before being forclosed on. Apparently, mold makes one fail to pay the morgage.

No comments: