Thursday, July 27, 2006

More than meets the eye




I just found out that there is going to be a Transformers movie next year! However, this time it features live action / CGI intensive instead of good old 80's style animation. It should prove to be interesting - even though it is a Michael Bay hack job. You can view the trailer here. If they don't have Soundwave (with the original voice), I am going to very upset.

2 comments:

mold pimp said...

Are they going to have the robots transform into late model machines (think the 2007 Saab 9-7x) or 80's model cars in keeping with the syndicated TV strips (think a 1982 Saab 900)?

If this is a newer, slicker version of the old school strip, will it have the same buzz about it that "Miami Vice" starring Colin Ferrel and Jamie Foxx has about it - where the characters are fresher, slicker, and not wearing linen pants and teal t-shirts ...

mold pimp said...

I bet a dollar that he(?) has the following:

-A sticker showing Calvin pissing on a Decepticon's logo

-Mudflaps with Yosemite Sam and two six shooters with the phrase "Get off my ass"

-A "Don't like my driving (or morphing) then dial 1-800-fuckyou" bumper sticker

-A "I break for BumbleBee and gay yellow VW Beetles" bumper sticker